Visit the following links for further information on Pediatric Medical Devices as well as the various initiatives that are underway to help with these unmet needs. In addition, specific links to entities that are partnering with DesignWise Medical are included.
Hospital and Disease-Focused Groups
These clinically-based entities are currently partnered with DesignWise Medical to identify unmet needs and develop solutions to those needs. We are currently expanding our clinical partnerships to ensure we have a broad-based clinical representation to help identify the unmet needs that exist throughout pediatric medicine.
- Children’s Hospital of Minnesota – DesignWise Medical development partner
- CHILD Foundation – Children’s Interstitial Lung Disease Foundation – OPOD development partner
Pediatric Related Organizations
DesignWise Medical has relationships with all of these entities and an active project collaboration with IPI. The Pediatric Medical Device community is small and it is important that we work with each other to have the maximum impact on children’s health care.
- Institute for Pediatric Innovation – IPI – Pediatric Hospital Consortium
- Pediatric Medical Device Institute – Pediatric Hospital Consortium
- PediaWorks – Pediatric Device Development company – Cleveland, OH
- MPED – University of Michigan’s Pediatric Device Consortium – Pediatric Medical Device Development Consortium based out of the University of Michigan
Government Legislation – Pediatric Focused
The following links provide more background on the recent governmental activity surrounding the development of needed medical devices for children.
- Pediatric Medical Devices – General FDA information on Pediatric Medical Devices
- Pediatric Medical Device Safety and Improvement Act 2007 – Legislation Enacted
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Pediatric Advocacy Group
Utilizing the untapped skill and experience of the retired population has been and will continue to play a vital role in DesignWise Medical’s success. The links below are some additional resources for retirees who want to stay connected to the opportunities available to them while in retirement.
- American Association of Retired Persons – AARP
- Senior Corps – Senior Volunteer Opportunities
- ReInventing Aging – Havard study on the new model for aging
- RE-SEED – Retiree organization connecting schools with retired professionals
DesignWise Medical has relationships with all of these educational institutions and they each have participated in one or more development programs at DesignWise Medical.